Bennington is a progressive, dynamic and fast-paced workplace where you can contribute to the continuing growth of one of Canada's top commercial equipment and vehicle leasing companies. If you've got what it takes to join our growing team, explore our exciting career opportunities below. Interested applicants should forward their cover letter and resume to Human Resources.
Job Title: Financial Analyst
Job Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Reporting to: Joe Adragna, CFO
In this role, the Financial Analyst will use their presentation, information analysis and report writing skills to develop financial and operational data with the intent to interpret and present results with recommendations to senior management. The analysis will encompass the review of past results with a view of using predictive modelling to anticipate future performance. Additionally, the candidate will use their development skills and technical knowledge of financial modeling to design and implement advanced reporting solutions as required to support the analysis of financial and operational performance. The candidate must possess strong communication, analytical and problem-solving skills.
1. Report Development, Production and Analysis (60%)
• Delivery of financial and operational information reporting to various stakeholders across the organization. This requires generation and maintenance of reporting solutions, analysis of operational and statistical data and development and optimization of business intelligence
• Analyzing key performance metrics and critical success factors with a view to engineer, produce and refine weekly, monthly and quarterly reports and dashboards for management and senior executives
• Key deliverables include monthly, quarterly and annual operational and profit & loss reporting as required, with historic and budget comparable including variance analysis and recommendations.
• Coordinate and participate in the development of the annual corporate and departmental business plans. Provide assistance to each department through the use of SWOT analysis to drive the development of the corporate top down vision and the departmental bottom up business plans.
• Meet with management to evaluate and understand the scope, goals and needs of reporting requests and assist in the design, development and operationalization of reporting solutions that fulfill these requirements
2. Maintenance of Financial Models (20%)
• Development and maintenance of financial models and outputs that are distributed to management on a monthly and quarterly basis
3. Enhance Financial Analyses and Processes (15%)
• Work closely with various team members to define, scope and implement enhancements to detailed financial models, including budgeting/forecasting tools
• Proactively find ways to improve the technical accuracy, validation and organization of financial models
4. Ad hoc Financial Analysis/ Reporting (5%)
• Investigate and respond to ad hoc requests as required with a high degree of flexibility and attention to detail
• The candidate may be required to assist in other areas as needs arise
The incumbent will have a demonstrated ability to use MS Office, with advanced Excel skills. They will have the ability to work extensively with formulas, numbers and spreadsheets and have experience utilizing technology to gather and work with data. The incumbent will also have knowledge of financial statements and associated reporting, knowledge of financial modeling concepts, possess strong problem-solving and analytical skills, and be organized with a strong attention to detail. In addition, they will have excellent report writing skills to the executive level. They must be able to handle multiple competing priorities and work well under tight deadlines. They must be comfortable working on ambiguous problems where decisions may need to be made using incomplete information in rapidly changing environments.
This individual will be a confident self-starter, be personable and have a professional presence. They must possess strong interpersonal skills with a proven track record in developing effective and efficient relationships. They will need to be enthusiastic, hardworking, resourceful and demonstrate initiative and motivation in taking charge of responsibilities.
The Financial Analyst will have a University degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or Business and either have completed or be working towards an MBA and/or CFA/CPA designation. They will have a minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience in a similar role.
Interested applicants should forward their cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by 10am on Thursday, September 17th. Please see the linked job description for position details.
Job Title: Administrative Assistant, Account Solutions & Asset Management
Job Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Reporting to: Director, Account Solutions & Asset Management
Reporting to the Director, Account Solutions & Asset Management, the Administrative Assistant is responsible for supporting the day-to-day business activities for the Account Solutions & Asset Management Departments at Bennington Financial Corp. The Administrative Assistant is responsible for operational processing on current accounts, maintenance requests, client correspondence and general account updates and clerical duties.
In addition to the above, the incumbent will be responsible for:
• Assisting with general administrative tasks within the Departments as requested
• Preparing correspondence for the Departments (Final Demands, Warrants, Voluntary Surrenders, ESA, NOI, BOS, POA, etc.)
• Managing incoming and outgoing mail for the Departments
• Communicating internally with other Departments
• Corresponding and contacting external parties may be requested
• Hiring/retention of third-party vendors for services requested by the Departments
• Performing various searches (PPSA, Internet, UCDA, Credit Bureau, etc.) and analyse results
• Assisting with various elements of the file default process
• Performing other clerical duties, including but not limited to, filing, photocopying, scanning, organizing files/paperwork and handling of invoices
• Other related and administrative duties as requested
The successful candidate will have a strong attention to detail and have the ability to work well under pressure. Strong customer service and interpersonal skills are required, as is the ability to self motivate. The candidate must demonstrate good judgment, dependability and initiative. A positive attitude, professional demeanor, and an understanding of confidentiality are crucial.
The successful candidate must be organized and accurate. Strong written and oral communication skills are essential and proficiency in Microsoft Office, data input and internet research is a must.
A college diploma/certificate in office administration is preferred (or equivalent work experience). Previous experience in a similar role would be considered an asset and bilingualism in English and French is required.
Interested applicants should forward their cover letter and resume to email@example.com by 5pm on Friday, September 4th. Please see the linked job description for position details.
Learn. Grow. Contribute. See our open Co-Op positions below.
Currently, there are no open opportunities for students.
Don't see a position that matches your skills?
We are always looking to add to our awesome team!